Thursday, February 4, 2010

I LIke My Job

I own a potato farm. I make a living by selling the potatoes to local markets.

I tried growing lettuce but the bunnies kept coming in at night and eating most of the lot. I grew watermelon one summer, but I ate most of the crop. I even tried growing taffy. Taffy has one of the highest markups of any product on the market. But then I found out that taffy is a product of things that are grown out of the ground and I'm lousy at assembling things together.

The great thing about being a potato farmer is that the potatoes talk with you as you water them. I remember one morning when I was watering and a potato told me, "You know, you're so dependable with the hose. I appreciate that so much that I don't mind you'll soon be picking me and selling me for meals."

This made me cry. My tear went into the ground. The potato said, "Now that one tastes good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment