Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Uncomfortable with Change

I became a drop of water. I didn't know how this happened. I don't do drugs. I wasn't drunk. I have a good imagination, but I'm not the type to daydream. So there I was, a drop of water, dripping out of my kitchen sink.

I dropped and landed in the drain. I acclimate pretty fast, so I accepted the change and enjoyed the ride down the drain pipe. Soon I was in the sewers. I was no longer just a drop, but part of a stream of water.

I was flowed out into to the lake where I was pushed around as a wave and passed through by fish. And then I got overwhelmed by all the recent changes and I sort of just stopped.

A water molecule bumped into me.

The water molecule said, "Hey, what the frig is going on?"

I said, "I'm not supposed to be here."

The water molecule said, "There's no supposed to's. Just go!"

I said, "No really, I'm not water, I'm a human. There's been a glitch."

The water molecule got frustrated and said, "You're having a tantrum because your outrageously assumed outcome didn't coalesce into this."

I said, "It's not outrageous. My experience defies reality."

The water molecule said, "A reality you were used to. Our conditioning is constantly in flux thus rendering any viewpoint unstable."

It was then I turned back into human Brooks. I tread water to stay afloat. The water molecule balanced on my nose.

The water molecule said, "Oh, shit. This is too much for me," and slid off my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment