Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Pot Hole

I was driving back late last night from performing at the Heartland. I was doing my best to avoid the pot holes in the road, but then I quickly came upon one that was wider than my car. I couldn't avoid it and went in.

I was scared, but then it was an amazing feeling to free fall in my car. I felt weightless. I was thinking, "wow, this car weighs two tons, but right now it feels like a feather." I dropped for about ten seconds.

Luckily the car landed in water. I liked being underwater. I imagined I was in a submarine on the bottom of the ocean. My headlights were still on and I saw a squid. It looked at me like, "what the heck are you doing down here?"

I mouthed, "Can you help me?" The squid nodded and latched its arms to my bumper and pulled me to the surface. I said, "Thanks." The squid had a tear in its eye. I said, "What?" The squid pointed one of its arms to its heart, then back to me. I started to cry and I said, "I love you too."

2 comments:

  1. Brooks,

    I really love this one. There are some amazing ones, but this one is so funny and weird and sweet. Thanks for writing it.

    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Life is sweet and weird. That makes it easier to write about the details.

    ReplyDelete